Help build homes and change lives in Vermont. Join our team today!
Habitat ReStore – Store Manager
Location: 528 Essex Road, Williston, VT
Class of employment: Full-time, salary
Reports to: Habitat ReStore Director
Overview: The Habitat ReStore Manager is a senior advisory role that involves overseeing the operations and workflow of donations, customer experience, financial goals, and planning. The store manager’s job is to ensure the business is running well with smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of shoppers and donors.
- Provide leadership and supervision to all staff and volunteers.
- Analyze sales to expand, shrink, and/or eliminate floor space within a department.
- Ensure store alignment with the Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity 3-year strategic plan.
- Work with ReStore Director (RD) on streamlining donation protocol and develop ways to save merchandise from the waste stream.
- Develop sales initiatives to meet financial goals and plan budgets with the RD.
- Final cash drawer reconciliation, weekly audit of sales spreadsheet and deposits at the bank, and monthly progress of sales goals.
- Manage reviews of the interior, exterior and development plans for improvement.
- Train management team on the customer service program.
- Develop the reporting for Donor Management Database and provide feedback on marketing, incentives, and development for donor satisfaction and repeat business.
- Work with the management team to establish and adhere to the “Four Core Values”.
- Continue to build business donation accounts and work with RD to foster new ones.
- Work closely with RD to advance marketing strategies and sales promotions.
- Continually enhance store displays through example and delegation
- Lead tracking and trending analysis for donations, pickups, marketing, customer experience, and sales.
- Attend ReStore Management team meetings and give reports on the progress of the store monthly. Develop daily and weekly team meetings with staff and management.
- Provide task lists for management and department employees.
- Assist the RD with the hiring of all staff.
- Audit weekly schedules for staff and help fill empty shifts with other employees.
- Cover store openings and closings when management staff is absent.
- Procure and complete paperwork for donated vehicles.
- Perform employee reviews along with the ASM.
- Represent GMHfH ReStore within the community, at national and regional training, mixers, round tables, and other events outside normal working hours.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to develop daily shifts, special events, and workdays.
- Responsible for all loss prevention and collaboration with local police departments.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Retail management experience.
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office and POS software.
- Ability to operate office equipment, trucks, warehouse, and other equipment.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic.
- Able to work with and motivate people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and defuse problems as they arise.
- Commitment to a safe, secure, attractive, and friendly work environment.
Critical Performance Outcomes:
- Meet goals outlined in the annual financial plan, analyze expenses and net profit
- Manage and motivate employees/volunteers
- Manage pricing and inventory for selection and turnover
- Meet donor and customer expectations
- Develop safety and security procedures
- Maximize the effectiveness and cleanliness of the space.
- Develop and implement appropriate computerized systems.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Jonathon Goldhammer, Habitat ReStore Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Habitat ReStore – E-Commerce Associate
Location: 528 Essex Rd, Williston
Class of Employment: Part-time, hourly (12hrs/wk)
Overview: The e-commerce associate is responsible for maintaining Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity ReStore’s online store and increasing sales via eCommerce.
- Take photos, measurements, and draft copy for posted items
- Create physical price tags and barcodes for each item
- Cross-promote products via Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Front Porch Forum,
- Assist in pulling orders and scheduling deliveries
- Answer customer questions
- Help promote special sales in both the physical and online stores
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Background in retail sales is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of computers, iPads, printers, label makers, Microsoft Word, and other Willingness to learn other programs or systems as needed.
- Self-motivated, reliable, enthusiastic, and Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong understanding of online marketplaces and social
- Able to work standing for long periods of
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Jonathon Goldhammer, Habitat ReStore Director at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.