Help build homes and change lives in Vermont. Join our team today!
Habitat ReStore Truck Driver
Location: 528 Essex Rd, Williston
Type: Full-time, hourly
Overview: The Habitat ReStore Truck Driver is responsible for picking up donated items using Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity box trucks. The driver must be willing to adhere to and express the mission of GMHFH. This position has a set schedule of 7:30-3:30 Monday-Friday.
- Pick-up donations using a non-CDL 20-foot box truck
- Unload donations at the warehouse
- Assist in developing and adhering to criteria for donated materials
- Assist in developing driving and warehouse safety standards, and communicate and train volunteers in these practices.
- Help maintain organization and cleanliness in the ReStore
- Assist in keeping trucks well maintained and clean, minor repairs as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License, clean driving record
- Experience driving a 20ft box truck
- Demonstrated familiarity with local towns, community, and greater Burlington area.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs., squat, bend, and stand for extended periods
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality
- Interest in working with a fast-paced nonprofit making a difference in our community
To apply: Contact Jonathon Goldhammer at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell him what you’ve been up to and why you’re a good fit for the position.
Habitat ReStore Associate
Location: 528 Essex Rd, Williston, or 414 Rt.7, Milton
Type: Full-time or Part-time, hourly (weekends required for Milton position)
Overview: Provides excellent customer service and ensures customers and donors have a safe, positive, and rewarding experience. Assist in merchandising and maintaining the sales floor, moving and loading donations, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for making sure donations are cleaned and priced according to the price guide.
- Verify items are priced correctly. Adjust as needed under the direction of the ReStore Manager.
- Help keep the loading dock clear and clean, and in an orderly and safe condition.
- Make sure volunteers have an engaging experience.
- Assist with training individual volunteers and groups.
- Assist donors in dropping off donations.
- Use good judgment to determine if the merchandise being donated is sellable.
- Help unload the truck and clean, price, and process merchandise
- Give tax sheet for persons donating items.
- High School diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills
- Dependable, with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lift heavy items, stand, squat, bend, and climb
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Jonathon Goldhammer, Habitat ReStore Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Habitat ReStore Cashier
Location:414 Rt. 7, Milton
Type: Part-time, hourly (2-3 days a week, weekends required)
Overview: Provide the highest of customer service while educating the public on the Habitat ReStores mission to end substandard housing in Chittenden County.
- Greet and thank customers
- Stay within sight of the front door and register at all times
- Answer customer questions
- Operate the Point-of-Sale cash register system
- Handle cash, credit card transactions
- Process tax-exempt purchases
- Gather email addresses for the e-newsletter
- Complete daily checklist for opening and closing store
- Previous cashier/cash handling experience, or the ability to learn.
- A positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Jonathon Goldhammer, Habitat ReStore Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.