Come Build with Us!
Habitat homes are built by incoming partner families and community volunteers. No construction experience is necessary and we provide all the safety equipment and tools. Our build sites are judgment-free – come ask questions, learn new skills and make new friends! Our construction supervisor will teach you everything you need to know.
Bring Your Team
Team Build provides your business with the opportunity to strengthen your team while helping families achieve their dream of affordable homeownership. Unlike spending a day doing trust falls and building marshmallow towers, your group will be challenged to communicate and work together to build something that makes a difference. Employees return to the workplace motivated, connected, and inspired! We provide all the tools, materials, and training — you just provide a tax-deductible donation and the helping hands.
Team Build donations cover the cost of building materials and supervision for the day, and t-shirts and lunch for the group. Donation amounts are based on group size – we ask for $1000 for every 10 volunteers, or $100 per individual. We have a 10-person capacity on-site each day. If you have more than 10 people wanting to participate, you’re welcome to reserve multiple build days!
Our Women Build Week is an annual event where we invite teams of women on-site to raise awareness about the housing crisis and its disproportionate impact on women-led households.Women Build is a terrific way to build your team, gain new skills and make a difference in our own communityby helping to build an affordable home for a local family in need.
Each team of 10 volunteers donates $1,000 ($100 per person) to cover the cost of the day’s building materials, site supervision, and meals and t-shirts for the group.
Our 2021 Women Build Week is scheduled for September 20th-24th!
New to Volunteering? Here’s What to Expect!
– Volunteers must be 18+.
– Wear closed-toed shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or even ruined.
– Please bring a bag lunch (except for Team Build and Women Build participants) enough water for the day. We also suggest coffee, Gatorade, and anything else you need to stay fueled and hydrated.
– We provide all the tools, training and safety equipment.
– Volunteers are required to sign a waiver, and you’ll be prompted to do so when you sign up.
– We recommend bringing sunscreen on hot days and extra layers on cold ones.
– Please make sure the e-mail address you provide us is accurate and accessible. If we need to cancel or delay a build day, we’ll reach out via e-mail.
– Have a question? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.